Even if you cannot get into your beloved gym at CrossFit London, you should always be building regular handstand practice into your life.
Whether it’s a free-standing handstand, a headstand, or a dish shape, you can be working towards inverted cool, effective moves!
We have drills and skills units in our facebook group and our trainers publish lots of handy technique videos like this one
To be utterly truthful, we don’t actually care if you get a free-standing handstand. If you do it’s because you have listend to our expert coaching and have put in loads of daily work. Not everyone can.
However, for us, the simple act of getting you comfortable with being upside down, or partially inverted can have remarkable physical and mental health benefits! It strengthens your core, makes you work on your shoulder mobility, and builds your wrists.
The training itself is the secret!
From a mental health point of you, if you are frightened by inversion, our progressive drills will help you manage that fear. This can really help with your general stress inoculation. If you’ve beaten this fear, maybe stressors at work won’t be as bad. If you can lead your body, by progressive drills and practice, to get upside down, maybe you can effectively lead your team at work to do a bit better!
It sounds weird but the pillars of mental resilience are
- SELF-BELIEF – confidence in your own abilities and judgment
- POSITIVE AFFECT – the ability to interact with life in a positive way
- EMOTIONAL CONTROL – the ability to understand and express your emotions
- MENTAL CONTROL – the ability to control thinking, attention, concentration, focus, self-awareness, reflexivity, problem-solving
- SENSE OF PURPOSE – the motivation that drives you forward
- COPING – adaptability, natural coping strategies you have learned through coping in a previously stressful situation
- SOCIAL SUPPORT – the social network you have and the ways you use it
This mirrors exactly the process by which you nail the handstand and the way at which Crossfit Londons training makes you a more effective operator in the competitive London jobs market. When learning a handstand, a wandering mind, emotional tantrums, no sense of purpose, negative thinking stop you from learning. By learning with progressive drills you lever in social support and start developing coping skills.
Nothing builds coping skills like handstand practice.
If you want help releasing the better you, get in contact!
Contact Page Form